Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Black-eyed Pea Pickin' Picks

I hope that you and yours have a very blessed life.

Why not start off the New Year with a taste of Pea-Pickin’ Picks? I’ll make this a special Black-eyed Pea Pickin’ Picks so you will have good luck for the next 365 days.

Six bowl football games in one day. Awesome…

Outback Bowl - Tampa, 11 a.m., ESPN Wisconsin (9-3) vs. Tennessee (9-4)

Phil Fulmer needs a win here. When the old coach needed a victory this season his men gave him one. No change here.

My Pick: Tennessee Vols


Cotton Bowl - Dallas - 11:30 a.m., FOXMissouri (11-2) vs. Arkansas (8-4)

Too many losses, too many changes, too many questions surrounding McFadden.

My Pick: Arkansas ... The Nutt has turned Johnny Reb and flew the coop. Has anybody checked to see if Bobby “Mayflower” Petrino was in his room last night? He might be negotiating again.


Gator Bowl - Jacksonville - Noon, CBSVirginia (9-3) vs. Texas Tech (8-4)

Three games starting before lunch. I love this day. Yes Virginia there is a Texas Tech.

My Pick: Texas Tech


Capital One - Orlando, 1 p.m. ABC Michigan (8-4) vs. Florida (9-3)

How can I watch all these games? Good thing this bowl is played in warm weather. I would hate to see the Wolverines catch cold with the Gators speeding by them so much.

My Pick: Florida


Rose Bowl - Pasadena, 4:30 p.m., ABC USC (10-2) vs. Illinois (9-3)

Illinois isn’t supposed to be here according to the odds makers. The guys holding all of your money are right on this one. Illinois can’t keep the Trojans close.

My Pick: Southern Cal


Sugar Bowl- New Orleans, 8:30 p.m., FOX Hawaii (11-0) vs. Georgia (10-2)

I’ve been practicing that Haka dance Hawaii does. I’ve also thought about going into Sumo wrestling, but the diaper/thong thing bothers me. Hunker down you Hairy Dog fans the balls are going to be flying all over the Sugar Bowl. But the Georgia defenders are going to cact enough of them to get a win.

My Pick: Georgia without Larry Munson in the house

Again, Happy New Year!

No comments: